Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Caramel Apples and Popcorn, It Must Be Fall!



For the past several years we have been making our own caramel with raw honey and real butter.  We use it to dip apples, drizzle over spice cake, or mixed into popcorn.  It just tastes like fall!  We made it again the other day and I thought I would share it with all of you since it is a much healthier version than anything you could buy.  I got the recipe from a friend and then made some changes to make it my own.  You'll no doubt add some changes of your own and then share it with those you love.  That's what the world need no?!  More caramel....that and chocolate.  I'll post our favorite chocolate recipe soon.  :) 


Caramel Dipping Sauce (makes 1 1/2 cups)

1 1/2 cups honey
1/2 tsp. salt

Put in pot (larger because of bubbles) and cook until soft ball stage.  Take off heat and add:

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. butter

This will thicken as it cools.

We like to add cinnamon and clove to make it "taste like your birthday".  Sometimes we try it with just cardamom (get out of here good).  Try it and let me know what other variations you come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment